The North American Championships Hobie 16 and Hobie 20 North American Championships at Sausalito Yacht Club, Sausalito, CA have concluded. It was another win on the Hobie 16 for Enrique Figueroa. The Hobie 20 had a hard fought racing with Mark/Tiffany Lewis being the eventual winner. Read the stories and see what happened. There are many great photos on the web site so you can see what you missed out on. You will see the AC45 on the Hobie race course. Maybe the AC sailors were watching to see the close racing on the largest multihull racing cat in action!
The Hobie Europeans,27th July to 4th August, Arzon, France. Notice of Race is available on the official web site with a lot of information about accommodation and assisting you to attend check the website for all updates. There are limited charter boats available from Hobie Cat Europe. Please contact Hobie Cat Europe directly for charter boat information.
Things you need to consider for the Hobie Europeans.
- Once registered for the Youth you cannot sail the qualification round
- Your boats needs to comply with the Hobie Class Rules, i.e. sails from Hobie
- Make sure you have a Hobie cap for the spinnaker pole end (to prevent injuries)
- You need to be there in time for check in, see last check in options for the Gold Fleet etc. Otherwise you will be automatically checked in for the Silver Fleet.
- Insurance certificate, preferably in English or French
- Proof of Class Membership, i.e. letter from your national Hobie Class
- Your nation needs to be in good standing with EHCA/IHCA (paid their dues for 2012)
- You can apply on site for a one time membership for 35 Euros
- A big smile
Fiji Challenge Fiji Youth Challenge and the Oceanic Championships 2012 has released their Notice of Race. The Youth Challenge has again attracted many young sailors from the Pacific Islands. With some of the youth entries from New Caledonia, Tahiti, Cook Is and Wallis and Futuna Is plus a good lineup from Fiji local sailors who are the defending champions. A coaching clinic will be held prior to the racing.
2012 Asian & Pacific Hobie16 Championships August has a date change to the 14th to August 23rd and will still be held in Weihai, China. Good quality Hobie 16 are available with NO CHARTER FEE so no need to worry about your boat just pack your trap harness and life jacket. Enjoy a lovely beach and good Hobie friends with some great racing. There are more hotels and restaurants that have recently opened for you to choose from to make your Hobie stay even more enjoyable. The race venue for the first day is Gate of Happiness Bay with the rest of the racing from Weihai Beach.
Australian Hobie Nationals are at Port Melbourne, racing 29-30-31 December, New Years Eve Party, 1st Jan rest day, Racing 2-3 Jan. Don't forget to subscribe to their newsletter to get all the latest news.