Hobie Cat Forums

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:06 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

This boat is in Northern Colorado... but I might be able to drive part way to your location.

Package includes: Gray trampolines, HD wheels, turbo fins, 2 paddles, i-seats, 12" accessory rails, drive leashes, and a custom mount for a small outboard motor that drops into the rod holders, and some spare parts. Stored inside, and never been in salt water. It's in great condition except for some cosmetic scratches where the AMAs rubbed against the hull during trailering.

I've also got a Shorelander trailer with the TI cradle, and a custom welded steel frame to hold my other 2 kayaks. Trailer also has a mounted toolbox, spare tire, and buddy bearings. Add $1,200 if you want the trailer too.

http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/4653599766.html

Thanks.

Russ

Last edited by Rocky Mtn Russ on Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:34 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi Russ,

I am looking for a used TI. Is everything in good working order? Is the sail in good shape? Anything that has a problem that would need to be looked at? Is there a difference between the 2011 model and a 2014 model?
Sorry for all the questions, but I am a newbie to the Tandem Island, I saw one and would like to have it at our cabin on the lake.
I am in Calgary Alberta. Would you be willing to drive it up to the Canadian border?

Regards,
Don

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:05 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Don:

Everything is in very good to great working condition. The sail is in great shape and hasn't been used much at all because my wife prefers to cruise around pedaling, and we typically have lots of very calm days here in Colorado.

Hobie is making some significant changes with the 2015 TI model, including a big price increase to cover the new seat design, new mirage drive enhancements, and hull changes. I don't think there have been many changes between my 2011 hull and the 2014 hulls. They do offer a brighter red color now than the Hibiscus that my boat is.

I'm currently trying to finalize a sale with a guy in Seattle. He and I are talking about meeting in Idaho. Either way, I'll update this post. If that deal fall through, I'd probably only be willing to drive to Billings, MT. Thanks for your interest.

Russ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:44 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi Russ, interested in your boat. Got any pics? Understand your working on a sale but.... I would only request you deliver to a local packing/shipping company.
John
San Diego CA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks to those who were interested. The boat has been sold to a guy in Seattle.