Hobie Cat Forums

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:50 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have my Hobie Toy Box for sale and was visited via text from the classic Nigerian certified check scam. I received a text from a Manhattan area code, not 212, asking if my toy box was still for sale. I replied yes. The next text I received hours later was price and condition. The ad has the price and that it is new and unused, kind of a strange question. 2 days later a request for condition and pictures. I responded in kind. Then an offer to pay with certified check and that they would "collect" the box later. Collect is an English term and clearly form someone raised in an Britian or a former colony. I replied paypal or no deal. Next response was asking for address to send check. My reply was paypal and when you pick up the toy box to kindly shove it your Nigerian asshole. Beware sellers!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:56 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

majorkahuna wrote:
I have my Hobie Toy Box for sale and was visited via text from the classic Nigerian certified check scam. I received a text from a Manhattan area code, not 212, asking if my toy box was still for sale. I replied yes. The next text I received hours later was price and condition. The ad has the price and that it is new and unused, kind of a strange question. 2 days later a request for condition and pictures. I responded in kind. Then an offer to pay with certified check and that they would "collect" the box later. Collect is an English term and clearly form someone raised in an Britian or a former colony. I replied paypal or no deal. Next response was asking for address to send check. My reply was paypal and when you pick up the toy box to kindly shove it your Nigerian asshole. Beware sellers!

Must be someone from Obamas tribe!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:01 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

He was born in Kenya not Nigeria, keep your facts straight (lol)