Hobie Cat Forums

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:12 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

KAYAK SOLD for $3,250

Trailer still available!

2013 Hobie Adventure Island - under warranty - registered as a vessel.

See my Craigslist ad with 20 photos here:
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/4430738690.html

Hardened for EXTREME offshore fishing - a very stable fishing platform on a shoestring - 3 ft seas and 15 knot winds, no worries!

I'm moving up to a Tandem Island soon so I can run a Minn Kota RT55/ST/iP, Scotty electric downrigger, and a first mate to gaff all the kings, hoos and phins!

Comes with dry ride captains chair, customized aluminum trailer with removable backup posts with LED lights, Hobie Trax-2-30 cart, Humminbird fish-finder with battery, electric and manual bilge pumps, swivel cam cleats and extra fairleads, paddle, mirage drive, tramps, spray skirts, etc, etc. (too many mods to list.)

Without trailer - $3,250
With licensed trailer - $4,250

Kayak registered as a vessel - tag good till Nov. 2014

Fishing rods not included.

Located in Margate, FL 33068

"Whoever said that sailing and hardcore offshore fishing are mutually exclusive sports? Hobie certainly did not. Enter the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island and Mirage Adventure Island. Pedal, paddle or sail them. . .they are human powered, no motor necessary. Marlin, tuna, dorado -- offshore pelagic fishing of any kind -- the Hobie Island's are a "New Way to Fish."

"Hobie provides a demonstrable way to give offshore anglers a glimpse of the propulsion that can be achieved combining the MirageDrive with the power of wind in sails. Add the amas on each side that make it virtually impossible to flip over, built-in rod holders, the ability to troll with lures and large storage capacity on the trampolines, and these boats convert into fishing machines."

Last edited by proyak on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 12 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:43 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Just registered as a vessel - tag good till Nov. 2014

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:10 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Call me old-fashioned, but I don't bargain with faceless strangers over the internet.
If you are serious you must show up at my home with cash and we'll talk!
I live in Margate, FL 33068

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:42 am 
Site Rank - Captain

"Whoever said that sailing and hardcore offshore fishing are mutually exclusive sports? Hobie certainly did not. Enter the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island and Mirage Adventure Island. Pedal, paddle or sail them. . .they are human powered, no motor necessary. Marlin, tuna, dorado -- offshore pelagic fishing of any kind -- the Hobie Island's are a "New Way to Fish."

"Hobie provides a demonstrable way to give offshore anglers a glimpse of the propulsion that can be achieved combining the MirageDrive with the power of wind in sails. Add the amas on each side that make it virtually impossible to flip over, built-in rod holders, the ability to troll with lures and large storage capacity on the trampolines, and these boats convert into fishing machines."

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:01 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

EMT spine boards (hakas) with folding jon-boat seats and foot rests included.

http://images.craigslist.org/00A0A_jFNlEryB96v_600x450.jpg

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:25 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

SOLD for $3,250 without the trailer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:43 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Your TI will hopefully fit on the trailer
Bob

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:03 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

fusioneng wrote:
Your TI will hopefully fit on the trailer
Bob

Bob,
Thanks for your postings and assistance, but I must farewell all my friends in the Hobie fraternity as I move into a fishing-friendly craft with minimal setup/launch/teardown effort. It's been a very rewarding time with my PA12 and Hobie AI and I'm sort of grieving as I move on! :cry:

Kindest regards,
Richard

Here's a recent post I put up in a couple other forums;

Need advice buying a boat

Just sold my Hobie Adventure Island that carried me safely out a couple miles beyond Hillsboro Inlet, FL into about 150-300 depths in 2'-5' seas with 10-15 mph winds. Unfortunately the lengthy setup/teardown launching times (an hour minimum) with hakas that held a Minn Kota RT55/St/IP and Scotty electric down-rigger, was too tedious in our 90 degree Florida sun. I need a small boat that can handle that same conditions, and accept my Minn Kota and Scotty!

Because of my advancing age, I need an easy to launch boat & trailer, that runs on the smell of an oily rag, that I can store inside my 18' carport.

I only have $5000

What hull design and reliable & fuel-efficient outboard combo would you suggest?

I do not want nor need to go anywhere fast, I just need enough power to buck the outgoing tide thru the inlet that often runs @ 5 knots.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:43 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Mokai.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:55 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Trailer still available for only $696 :shock: