Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bow Fishing
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:17 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

G'Day,
I'm getting ready for the upcoming summer months here Downunder and going try some bow fishing in my Hobie Sport. Is there any bow fisherman here in this community?

Just a couple of questions if anyone can answer:

Are the side kicks stable enough to bow fish with?

Do the gun mounts double as bow mounts?

I know that the gun mounts would depend on the type of bow I have, but I'm just asking in general would it work. Here in Australia the shops that sell Hobie products do not have any real accessories in stock, therefore everything is bought from viewing a magazine or website, which makes it real hard to tell what works and how well it works. Looking at the only pic I have of the gun mounts looks like they maybe too arced.

If the guns mounts aren't the right solution then is there another working solution?

I haven't searched the web yet as I'm hoping this is already answered and is in a Hobie product

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:19 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hobie doesn't sell a bow mount that I know of. Sounds like its time for some custom work. There are many designs for simple, inexpensive bow holders. Often they are made from some bent steel rod and then dipped in a rubbery urethane type substance. You should be able to find one that you could mount to your Sport somewhere, or even better, mount it to the mount for your bimini!!!

Oh yea, and make sure you use a rod leash or something so that the bow doesn't end up at the bottom of the lake by mistake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:32 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

TDRILL wrote:
Oh yea, and make sure you use a rod leash or something so that the bow doesn't end up at the bottom of the lake by mistake.

Yes that would be a party pooper on a fishing week away