Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ordered my Oasis today
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:07 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Should be here within the next 3 weeks. It is coming in on the dealer's yearly order so I could get a discount. The options I got were the rudder upgrade and the safety flag and safety flag mount (don't want to get run over by a motor boat).

I decided against the turbo fins because I will be fishing in a lot of skinny water creeks with oyster beds.

Eventually i will get the ama kit and sail, but couldn't afford it right now.

I can't wait until it gets here. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:23 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Congrats Jorhyne on your new purchase.

I know you will be as pleased with your new Hobie Kayak as everyone on this forum is.

I bought two safety flags from my local bike shop $7.00 ea. One I cut up to make the boom batten that was posted on here and seems to be a very successful and functional modification. I have the rod extenders for the rod holders. I notched the flared lip of one to accept the 1/4" dia. rod flush with the body and with black tie wraps I strapped the flag mast to the rod holder extension. I now have a 6' foot + high orange safety flag when on busy waterways.

Again congrats on your purchase, I know you cannot wait to get it wet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:49 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Congrats Jorhyne,
I think you will enjoy your new purchase. In my opinion, it is one of the most versatile kayaks ever designed! How do you plan to use it (mostly tandem or solo, with kids, sailing, fishing or exercising etc)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:34 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

skua wrote:
Congrats Jorhyne,
I think you will enjoy your new purchase. In my opinion, it is one of the most versatile kayaks ever designed! How do you plan to use it (mostly tandem or solo, with kids, sailing, fishing or exercising etc)?

Hi skua. I plan on using it for all of those purposes. That is why I wanted the Oasis, because of its versatility. My main focus will be fishing (solo and with someone else). I also will take it out for recreation and exercise with the kids and my wife.