I didn't bother with the expense of purchasing either the plunger or the nozzle, but did a quick mixing job right on the palette (piece of cardboard). It worked great. Using a modeling brush handle, I simply pushed each tube down the same amount (pre-marked on the brush handle), using 1/2 of the contents per session.
I used latex gloves and smeared it on with the fingers, but Yakaholic
came up with an excellent idea -- cut some PVC lengths in half, insert the glue in each half and sandwich them together around the cam columns.
A couple of notes: My glue had only 5 minutes of working time (despite what it said on the label), so having everything set up ahead of time and even doing a dry run will help insure a quick application. I ended up using 2 tubes -- the first was DP 8010 and the second application was DP 8010 NS, which had some stiffeners in it. Using Yak's sandwich technique, I think you could get away with just one unit of the 8010. Finally, make sure everything is clean and sanded, especially the bottom surface at the base of the columns.
BTW, my original repair is still working. I have not held back at all -- the boat has sprinted, raced and endured every punishment I have been able to come up with. This product has exceeded all my expectations!