Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:44 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I recently purchased a couple of used Mirage Classic yaks. Overall, I am very satified with them. I would like to upgrade the rudders to the twist and stow system. My research of past posts shows that stringy had a solution at the following link: viewtopic.php?t=8125

However, the link has evidently been corrupted and the how-to directions are missing.

Could someone please direct me to a good link for the how-to instructions - THANKS IN ADVANCE!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:12 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Welcome islandyakker,
Here are the pics that I originally posted. I didn't keep a copy of the text. :(
Since doing this mod Hobie changed the pull-up lever to separate up/down lines which work a lot better. If I was doing this mod now I would use some of those ideas as well. Basically they separated the up/down lines, running the down line on the starboard side and the up line on the port side through forward mounted pulleys and back to exits near the storage pockets terminating in a T-handle. The down line can be cleated to lock the rudder down.
You should look at how the current kayaks are setup for a better idea or check out the FAQ and support pages here:
viewforum.php?f=21
I agree with RR's response to your other post (apart from the genius bit!) and would question whether this mod was worth the hassle. It was necessary on the Oasis as I went on to add an extra sail.
It is still working well! :wink: