Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:59 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have an Outback which I bought this summer and love it.....the only problem I have , which is minor, is my non-padded (skinny) butt gets sore after a few hours of fishing. I have what I guess is the standard seat which comes with the Outback.... Question: are there other seats (even by other manufacturers ) which are more comfortable and which will fit the Outback? I wouldnt think any other manufacturer makes seats which plug into those holes made for the Hobie seat.... maybe that fact is not too important. Thanks in advance...... Bill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:13 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

You will definitely get used to it (I'm going through the same thing right now with a new bicycle I bought - the seat is new to me so it takes a few rides to build up the tolerance)

You should maybe have a look at our catalog to check out the inflatable seat cushion bottom that we sell. Page 28 - part # 72020028 (you can add it on top of the standard seat bottom, or use it alone - pretty neat accessory!. Here is a link to the catalog section online: http://www.hobiecat.com/kayaking/accessories.html

here is the direct link to the page with the seat bottom: http://www.hobiecat.com/support/pdfs/ka ... _28-29.pdf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:53 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Sounds like a solution.....thank you.If used with the standard seat ,does it attach somehow to the seat or not?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:57 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Yes - it attaches as per the factory velcro strip built onto the seat. (the pegs can also be installed though this part - the holes are pre-installed/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:02 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thank you... will buy one.