Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Status of Leak Issue
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:00 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Please can someone reassure me on this. I am in the UK and have ordered a sand coloured outback following an outdoor and leisure show here in England. We have a newly set up sole distributor in the UK and they will be getting their shipment soon. I have read an incredible amount of posts regarding leaks around the drive area and it appears that the sand colour is worst affected. Has the problem now been resolved and if so what are the safe dates of manufacture. Is the issue restricted to sand colour outbacks only and will I reduce the odds of geeting a problem by opting for an alternative colour. As this is a new sole distributor in the UK, I am not sure what the after sales service will be like, either from the distributor or from Hobie (being on the other side of the pond). This forum has been a wonderful source of information and has only increased my anticipation of getting a (leak free) outback.

Thanks

Mark
West Midlands
UK

Post subject: Leaks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:26 am 
Site Admin

Mark,

Welcome aboard. We at Hobie Cat USA and the European distributor will be completely behind you on any issues related to product defects. Don't worry. Any product you receive should not have the problem. This was an issue mostly with product built in 2004 and up to early 2005.

One thing we have discovered is that the drive slipping forward has actually caused the leaks. Be sure users know to properly lock the drive in place.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Post subject: Re: Leaks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:41 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

mmiller wrote:
Mark,

Welcome aboard. We at Hobie Cat USA and the European distributor will be completely behind you on any issues related to product defects. Don't worry. Any product you receive should not have the problem. This was an issue mostly with product built in 2004 and up to early 2005.

One thing we have discovered is that the drive slipping forward has actually caused the leaks. Be sure users know to properly lock the drive in place.

Glad to hear that, I have just ordered a Sport in the UK. Its due for delivery in the next week or so.

I am looking forward to getting out sailing on her as I am also a keen Winsurfer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:32 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Dave

Great to see another UK Hobie fan. Got a call last night to say that my outback will be arriving in the UK next Tuesday. So will be picking it up at the end of next week. BTW I live in Stourbridge only a few miles from you. Did you order yours at the show in Malvern by any chance?

Regards

Mark

Post subject: Mirage Sport
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:27 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am going down to Dartmouth next thursday to pick my Sport up.
I saw it being demonstrated at the show at Malvern, but it was not until the following week that I ordered mine.
Are you getting the Sail kit as well ?