Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:54 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

rubone47:
If you look onto the fishing forum you will see that 90% of the people on that forum are using outbacks or revolutions, the PA people tend to post on their own area, so you already have what you are asking for. The Island people tend to stay in their own area. The reason I think is, there alot of common features that apply to different models in a group, for example most of what applies to the AI also applies to the TI, same with the outback, revolution, and similar mirage kayaks. The PA is a little different animal and has a unique following in my opinion (you either love it (hard core fishermen) or hate it (avid kayakers who use their boats for other things besides fishing)), every boat group is purpose built and has it's own following. the PA for what it is designed to do is enviably the best in it's area. I would classify the outback as a mirage Kayak bundled in with all of it's sisters in the same group, there are alot of outbacks in use out there used by people who don't fish at all (but likely very few PA's). I fish very little yet we own a revolution, and looked very closely at the outback before purchasing. I tested both before buying and the only reason we chose the revo was because in my wifes eyes it drives like a Ferrari (very fast and smooth) when compared side to side with the Outback. After purchase my wife actually circled me in her revo, with me in our Oasis, taunting me to keep up (embarrassing). I consider the outback to be a mirage kayak in the same family as it's sister mirage kayaks with many common features, used for many things besides fishing. Thats my 2 cents.
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:55 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I have a outback and adventure. What is your question I would be glad to help.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:31 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

thanks ranger i dont have a ques.. i was just asking or wondering why there was no forum for outbacks or any other model like there is for the PA i use to have a pa and it was great just to read the posts and find things out. most times u dont even have to ask

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:04 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

OK, no problem. I think after you work with the site for a little bit you will discover that the drive and rudder systems are common and you'll not be missing things by just reading a outback forum. Also when questions arise about repair, storage, trailering, parts, mountings, and other general matters the kayaks are petty much the same. A good idea on a Adventure is most the time a good idea for other kayaks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:18 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

i couldnt agree more with u ranger. it just seems people for whatever reason got there panties in a bunch and lashed out ( sorry if im wrong)
again it was just a ques.. nothing more i guess people dont like change and i can understand that but i guess if that was the case here we all would still be fishing from the shore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:32 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Also, you probably already use this but just in case, I use the link at the top right of the forum that shows new posts, search.php?search_id=newposts that's shows me what is new since I last visited, usually not that many posts and you can tell where they are posted so you can just check what you are interested on reading.

Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:59 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

thanks dan but im done with this post ill go back to reading them and ask a ques if i have one and hope the crowd can handle it

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:49 am 
Site Rank - Captain

it's such a versatile boat I agree it needs it's own place :D

Neil