Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:25 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Happy New Year,

I owned a Revo11. I'm 6ft, lean 165lbs, and was just able to make a full leg extension on the mirage drive so I was able to fit length wise, at 6'2 you might not fit right. The cabin is snug width wise, which feels great in choppy waters or gliding though narrow brackish water mangrove trails; however if your going to sitting for more than 2hrs you may become uncomfortable especially if you don't buy the upgraded inflatable seat pad.

It's reasonably quick but the Revo 13 will glide right pass you with ease.

If you plan on fishing skip the Revo and go straight to the Outback. I owned an Outback which I sold for a PA14. If I could do it all over Id keep the Outback and skip over the PA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:49 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

gregj23 wrote:
Roadrunner wrote:
Unless you have unusually short legs, the cockpit length would not give you an optimal pedaling position. On the other hand, the boat would seem to solve an important issue of light weight, easy handling. Your weight is not an issue for the boat at all. If you're not going far you may not need to get a full leg extension. That's the trade off -- light weight for somewhat limited leg length. Depending on your priorities, the Revo 11 might be the best boat for you despite its cockpit length limitations (1" shorter than the Revo 13). A boat that is hard to manage isn't going to get used much. 8)

PS Unless you're a trapeze artist, standing up and fishing is out of the question for either the Revo 11 or Revo 13.

Hmmmmm. That is excellent advice ... but I hate trade-offs! I am now torn between the Revo 11 - probably too short for me but light weight and easy to use if I don't plan to go far, and the Outback - probably a bit heavy for me but able to support me standing and take me greater distances if I want to expand the scope of my fishing in future!

The kayak you need is the AI (Adventure Island). It will fulfill all your required needs. Is extremely diverse and can be used in many fishing style applications as you grow into it. Want an easy light kayak to launch, leave off the amas/akas and sail. Want to stand up, include the amas/akas. Want to sail out on the open ocean, put it all together. It's truly an amazing kayak. Once you go AI, you'll never go back to the others.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6