Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:45 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Went out fishing this Sunday as a break from chemo treatments. I was in a ton of pain but really needed a mental health day. Since I now have to have help with my moving and getting in and out of my kayak my brother went with me. This was his first trip kayak fishing and he loved it. Problem came when I gave him my Perception Caster to use and I used the Outback. The Caster is good but wet. Well after the end of the day I let him try the Outback. BIG mistake! He didn't want to give it back. He loved it and now says next time he gets the Outback. He was so impressed with the Mirage drive and how it did. I guess next trip I have to let him fish it for half a day so he'll still want to go....lol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:11 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

...sounds like a good excuse to go & get yourself a brand new Revo... for the health benefits, naturally :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:46 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I bought 2 Sports at the same time to avoid such things!..I think I need a Revo 13 for me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:34 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The bad news, is that I never had a brother to share things with. The good news is I never had a brother to share things with.

At this time my 40 something sons are not showing much interest in my yaks.

With the increase in gas prices, that may change. :shock: The older one a few weeks ago wanted to look at my new FH Pathfinder and our Oasis.

My grandkids aren't old enough to drive, so they aren't a problem yet. In 3 years that could change.

WJdave wrote:
Went out fishing this Sunday as a break from chemo treatments. I was in a ton of pain but really needed a mental health day. Since I now have to have help with my moving and getting in and out of my kayak my brother went with me. This was his first trip kayak fishing and he loved it. Problem came when I gave him my Perception Caster to use and I used the Outback. The Caster is good but wet. Well after the end of the day I let him try the Outback. BIG mistake! He didn't want to give it back. He loved it and now says next time he gets the Outback. He was so impressed with the Mirage drive and how it did. I guess next trip I have to let him fish it for half a day so he'll still want to go....lol