Never compromise your safety on the water for the sake of a color preference. Although I have a highly visible Revolution 13 in Papaya color, I take every precaution to make myself visible. I take the following precautions on every outing:
1. VisiCarbon PRO with safety light (USCG rated at 2 miles visibility)
2. Additional hi-vis full size green safety flag plus a streamer both with SOLAS safety tape
3. SOLAS tape on the rear of my Crate Pak rod holder tubes
4. YakAttack NITEStripe safety striping
- visible day or night
5. SOLAS tape placed on my Hobie Paddle
6. Stohlquist PFD has reflective piping on front and back
7. Blaze orange baseball cap
8. Hi-vis fishing shirts: white, aqua, lime, peach, etc.....
9. A safety whistle
10. Lastly, (and often overlooked) if all of these fail and my mirage drive can't get me out of trouble fast enough, a digital camera to capture the offender and a quick holler on the trusty VHF marine radio will have the maritime enforcement close at bay for someone that is completely wreckless.
2017 Hobie Revolution 13 & 2015 OutbackFroggin' For Bass and Other Kayak AdventuresPowerTeam Lures - deadly on bass!!!
use promo code "HANOVER" at checkout for a 15% discount