Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:59 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

cnnashman wrote:
I'm the originator actually but since i'm not making any $$ on it i'll let Eric take the credit lol.

Lol Hey thanks cnnashman! That liner was a great and cheap idea!

2013 Caribbean Blue Outback

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:23 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Thanks Eric, i am still trying different things to make it not fall through the opening, i tried molding the outer edge with heat to get it to hang on the lip of the opening but that's tougher than i thought it would be. I could mold most of it but getting all of it just right is tough.

I now have punched a few small holes near the edge and applied clips to get it to hang on the lip of the kayaks hatch opening more securely but i'm obviously over thinking it . It is what it is and does a pretty good job of holding things and preventing stuff from sliding all over the bottom of the yak. Hope you and everyone else find it useful

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:56 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

cnnashman wrote:
I'm the originator actually but since i'm not making any $$ on it i'll let Eric take the credit lol.

Sorry, my bad.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:16 am 
Site Rank - Captain

This is a Killer upgrade. I just bought an Oasis and have searching for hatch bin. Search Over! Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:31 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I know this is a dead topic but ive got a 2013 hobie oasis mirage tandem kayak

i tried this trick with the world bucket and theres no way it fit. My hatch measures 6" at fwd end x 11" at aft end. total length 9.5". The 15.4x15.4 bucket wouldnt fit in the hatch opening unless it was folded up.

Is the hatch on the single oasis larger than on the tandem oasis or something ? Are you guys installing this walmart bucket on the single or tandem ?

Any help is appreciated, I would love to put a hatch liner up there. I guess I will go looking for a smaller polyeth bucket with thin walls to see if I can trim it to fit like is shown in those pics.

To the Hobbie rep - even though the hatch opening is small, you could blow mold it to extend under the aft end of the opening, and conform to the seal opening at the mouth. This would provide a good bit of storage, maybe even could be used as a ice box to store all those fish we're catching with this beautiful kayak ? Its a shame to not do anything with that opening, I know its small but space on this thing is very tight everywhere, I sure could use an extra storage bin. Or why not make it flexible like the wally world buckets except shaped better so it could be pushed into place ? For that matter, you could do same for the 3 8" round hatches - make an option for a blow molded storage tank for ice/fish ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:16 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey guys, looks like this is the same as the Walmart bucket. They don't carry it in my area, so I may buy this one from Amazon instead. Even though it is twice the price of the $7 walmart one...

http://www.amazon.com/Keter-MultiPurpose-Flexible-Tub-Tote/dp/B00M9G9WHU/

http://www.amazon.com/Keter-MultiPurpose-Flexible-Tote-Turquoise/dp/B00M9G9UO0/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:11 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

mantaray wrote:
Hey guys, looks like this is the same as the Walmart bucket. They don't carry it in my area, so I may buy this one from Amazon instead. Even though it is twice the price of the $7 walmart one...

http://www.amazon.com/Keter-MultiPurpose-Flexible-Tub-Tote/dp/B00M9G9WHU/

http://www.amazon.com/Keter-MultiPurpose-Flexible-Tote-Turquoise/dp/B00M9G9UO0/

What kayak do you have ? No way that would fit in mine (oasis tandem). I have it and its much too big.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:17 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

It fits great in the Revo 13. May be a little big for the Oasis.