Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:41 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just got a new Hobie Oasis Kayak and I love it. Talk about versatility, you can go solo, solo with your dog or dogs, or tandem. Heck you might be able to smuggle a small family of 4 on it. You can peddle, paddle, or even sail if you get too tired and just want to let Mother Nature do the work. You can even fish out of it, the Oasis already has 2 built in rod holders and can be pimped out to become a fully equipped fishing vessel with a fish finder, live bait well, etc. It's the Swiss army knife of kayaks. Taking all this into consideration, I think it needs to be in a class all by itself. There are SUVs, sports utility vehicles & SUPs, stand up paddle boards, the Hobie Oasis should be considered one of the top of the line SUKs, sports utility kayaks. I SUK, you should SUK, we all should SUK :o). See ya on the water SUKers!

Note to all SUKers, if you SUK solo I have read about counterbalancing the front of your yak with all sorts of things: lead weights, buckets of water, the wife, etc. I found a collapsible 5 gal water container from Wal-Mart. Just order it on line and have it ship free to your local store. I fill it up 2/3 full of water and carefully lower it into the front hatch with the cap off. This will allow the container to slip into the smaller hatch opening. Cap it off once inside and wallah, instant ballast. This really helps keep the bow down allows the hull to cut through the water. Added plus, you will have extra water if you need it on a long excursion or if you get yak wrecked. You can also use this water to rinse off your yak after your outing. Here's to great friends, good times and fun SUKing.

Team No Bananas
2013 Oasis, Ivory Dune

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:11 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I 100% agree. Oasis is Fantastic. I've had mine 2 weeks now. Bought a 2013 one in Blue. Wife & I love it...been out on the river in our back yard almost every evening after work. Just ordered the Hobie eVolve by Torqueedo as well as the Hobie 4DSI Fishfinder/GPS from my dealer. Now I have almost $6k invested so definitely have decided this is going to be in the family for a while :mrgreen: