Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:23 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Evolve Solar panel V2 23V item number 72022133 even has a price listed in the 2012 Spring Catalog. That's nice, but try an buy one from any dealer. If you don't have it don't list it that's being honest.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:54 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just order from dealer. I received mine in two weeks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:22 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks good to know, now if you would be so kind, as to tell me if you are impressed with it's charging ability.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:11 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

LAMEDUCK wrote:
Thanks good to know, now if you would be so kind, as to tell me if you are impressed with it's charging ability.

Appears to be working well. I have mine attached to standnfish and fish with my back to the sun for obvious reasons. Anything larger than 23 watts will be difficult to locate on a Revo 11. I've not fished all day nor used a large portion of capacity at this time. Not sure how relevant this is to you,but I have a 120 watt ZAMP portable for my airtream with two series 24 batteries and need 200 watts. So 8 to 12 hours charging time for a depleted battery seems reasonable. The concept of charging while I'm staked out or anchored up has many advantages. However,I haven't been in high winds yet and am afraid the solar panel will act like a sail which means I will need to take down. But I think overall will be the best solution to reconstructed shoulder available. Generally,I pedal out ,motor in. I'm still evaluating system but could not find anything better considering weight and practabilty. Pm in a couple of months and I should have a more definitive answer. Hope this explanation helps.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:15 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I finally got the replacement battery Ultralight 403 with a solar charging port from the Torqueedo recall program, so I went ahead a purchased the 23w solar panel from hobie and mounted it on the bow of my 2011 Outback. Mounting space is limited so I made an installation video of how this all works see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FXyd3ajd7w

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:39 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

LAMEDUCK wrote:
I finally got the replacement battery Ultralight 403 with a solar charging port from the Torqueedo recall program, so I went ahead a purchased the 23w solar panel from hobie and mounted it on the bow of my 2011 Outback. Mounting space is limited so I made an installation video of how this all works see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FXyd3ajd7w

Great job on the verbal part of the utube, but the lighting needs to be brighter to see all the details you speak to in the process. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:23 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I agree the lighting could have been better, that's why I included some close up photos of the detailed parts. The camera was mounted on a head band so it didn't always point where I wanted it to :lol: . My main intent of the video was to give people ideas and I think I accomplished that. Thanks for the feedback.