From the Hobie kayak web page:
• On kayaks, serial numbers are located near the rear of the boat, on the underside on most models.
Broken into its component parts (US- | CCM | B | 1234 | A | 7 | 08) , a boat serial number conveys the following information:
• US- or FR- or CN-: Country of origin of the boat (Hobie boats are made in the United States, France, and China. The country of origin may not appear on older boats.
• CCM or HCC or HCE: Indicates the manufacturing company. CCM and HCC indicate boats manufactured by Hobie Cat Company (USA). HCE indicates boats manufactured by Hobie Cat Europe.
• B: Indicates the model.
• 1234: Sequential serial number.
• A: Month of manufacture – A (January) through L (December).
• 7: Last digit of the year of manufacture.
• 08: Last two digits of the model year.
Enjoy your Revo!
Rancho Murieta, CA
Hobie Revo 13
Hobie Quest 13