Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:40 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

islandspeed2001:
That's a terrific idea, if you have volunteers who can ferry the warriors out to the fishing destination area, then they move around on their own or with a volunteer on a tandem yak, and just have fun without having to worry about traveling great distance on their own. I know with my TI we have many times pulled 3-4 kayaks out to destinations with the TI being the mule. Even with only a few mirage boats you could ferry many plain old run of the mill kayaks out to the fishing area, let them roam around and have fun, then when done ferry the group back.
Actually with an Oasis you could have one person in the front, tow another plain old kayak, and still be out to the fishing area before most recreational paddle yaks can get there. If you have been using mirage drives a while like us, you can pedal that thing all day long with very little effort, even loaded down and kayaks in tow. I know my old revo with turbo fins could easily tow two regular kayaks (we used to do it all the time) with very little effort, I could go for many miles.

Actually I have seen this done down in key west with a small powerboat trailing a string of 5 or 6 kayaks in a row one after the other (like a goose and her chicks) out to the fishing areas, probably some sort of kayak fishing charters. Once out in the fishing area they roam around on their own and do their own thing until its time to go back, then they all tie on for the ride back. I saw another guy with a big pontoon boat with racks on the back for 8 clear kayaks, I imagine he takes the group out to the fishing grounds in comfort (serving drinks and food), they go fish on the kayaks for a while, then everybody gets back on board the big boat with drinks and food for the ride home.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:39 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Gents

I am really surprised that this thread is still going.

I didn't share it at the time, but I used the trolling motor because I still recovering from a motorcycle accident and couldn't get my leg comfortably in the pedal.

I will have to try the Drive now that it is as good as it is going to get.

Thanks again for all your comments...
Steve