Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:56 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi, my name is Peta Kenchington, a 78 yo granny, who happens to love messing about in the Hobie Revo 11. which I bought last Christmas as a pressie for myself, and have for the last 6 months had a ball.....but this all came undone Saturday night, my car was taken for a Joy Ride, with the Revo, mast, paddle on the top, car found, and returned, police told me that yak was found in CLARK STREET, GARBUTT [Townsville], but on searching for many hours the yak, and gear have not been located in the area.
If anyone has taken in for safe keeping please inform the police. It is thought that the yak was thrown off the roof of the car whilst doing 'wheelies' and must have made a heck of a noise if this is the case, especially if it hit another car parked in the street.
Anyone being offered a 2nd hand Revo 11 Golden Papaya [Bright yellow] WITHOUT it,s Mirage drive, but a sail & mast fitted with a Binks furler could be offered please do the right thing and inform the police. have posted to SeeBreeze, and the AKFF as I need as much help as possible in finding my Hobie.

Thanks, Peta K. Townsville.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:02 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have been overwhelm [well almost] with the help, and support from all areas, kayaking, sailing, and the public, and I am very pleased and relieved to say 'The Yak' is home, unharmed. even the sail, which was in a PVC tube was returned unharmed. Only thing to go missing are the Hobie wheels, so new ones on the way up from Brisbane. Have to refit roof rack, and all done.

The Yak had shot off the top of car as it was being driven at speed round a corner 2 streets away from home. Car returned also unharmed, now have to wash off the finger print powder, and we are all sweet to go.
Will be back on the water as from Frid, so will wave at everyone, again a BIG Thank You Everyone.

Péta K
Townsville.

PS Plug for Hobie 'New way to launch a Hobie - "SHOOT OF THE TOP OF YOUR CAR-THEY ARE STRONG ENOUGH" lol