Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:12 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I demoed the Outback and the Revo 13. The Outback has more width and places to put stuff while fishing and the controls are more at hand than with the narrower Revo boats. I bought the Revo 13 as I preferred it performance and ability to accelerate quicker and it handles chop better than the Outback. I felt that going through the surf the Revo 13 was better and it would also be better for sailing.

Weight was important to me and why the PA's were not on my list at all. I would go with an AI over a PA for ocean use if I was going to get a boat to trailer around. The Revo 13 is 5 lbs. lighter than the Outback so no more difficult to manage or lift up onto a roof rack.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:51 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

mystic860 wrote:
atv223 wrote:
I also installed a cool devise, the Thule Outrigger II

Curious how you manage not damaging the rudder with this device. Please advise your experience with the outrigger.
Just load the boat backwards to avoid potential rudder damage. The boat travels just as easily facing backwards as forward. You can use a small carpet or blanket to keep the bow from scraping on the deck. If the boat must face forward, mount the Outrigger on the rear bar and reverse the process.

Using a small step ladder open door or wheel well (standing on the tire), the boat can be flipped upside down once on top. Deck mounted items shouldn't be an issue as long as they don't stick out far, depending on your rack to roof clearance. Be sure to strap through the drivewell to insure that your boat can't slide off. 8)