Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:59 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi everyone. I have a 2010 Oasis that I am getting ready to list for sale and I am trying to get an idea as to how much money I should be asking for it. It is Ivory dune in color and is in like new condition. No scratches anywhere. It has been stored in a garage and the seats stored inside the house. My wife and I have used the Oasis for fresh water recreational pedaling (no salt water, no fishing) and it is truly in showroom condition. The boat is located near Macon, Georgia.

I recently purchased an Adventure as I wanted a little more leg room (I am 6' 3" tall and mostly legs). My wife has been soloing the Oasis but she has her eye on a Revolution 11. If I had my druthers I would keep the Oasis but between the Hobies and our paddle kayaks the garage is getting kind of full. Something has to go (the wife says so) and if a Revo 11 comes in then the Oasis is going to have to go to a new home.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:40 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Well I have been following hobies listed on craigslist for the last several months and keeping track of all the details. I think my list has between 400 - 500 kayaks. The average asking price for a 2010 outback according to my spreadsheet is $1600. It will also depend on where in the country you are located, how many available around you, etc.

Hope that helps.

-Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:59 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi Dan - Did you mean the Outback or the Oasis? If a 2010 Outback is going for $,1600.00 then that means these boats hold their value very well. Thank you for the information.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:41 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Yeah it is outback. It's kinda weird the 2010-2012 have been averaging asking price of around $1600, then it jumps a little for 2013's. Doesn't necessarily mean that's what they are getting, just asking price.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:47 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

For those of you that are interested, the Oasis has been posted in the Hobie Classifieds in the “Kayak - For Sale” subforum with photos. Have a great day!

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=51880