Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:24 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hmmm... Revo11 doesn't appear to have the Lowrance ready option. I'd love to hear why they decided to leave it off this one, given the mold had to go through lots of changes for the new seat. An oversight on Hobie's part? Intentional product line tinkering to better differentiate the 11 and 13? What a shame.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:36 am 
Hobie Approved Guru

New2Yak wrote:
Hmmm... Revo11 doesn't appear to have the Lowrance ready option. I'd love to hear why they decided to leave it off this one, given the mold had to go through lots of changes for the new seat. An oversight on Hobie's part? Intentional product line tinkering to better differentiate the 11 and 13? What a shame.
First, one must realize that the molds have a top and bottom half; the tops were modified to accommodate the new seats and scuppers, not the bottoms. Even the smallest modification on these molds is a time consuming and difficult job.

Secondly, those boats that have the Lawrence mod were likely chosen based on the percentage of fishing usage they were sold for rather than indiscriminately deciding to make all Hobies Lawrence ready. In other words there are certainly some fishermen who use the Revo 11, but the Outback (by way of contrast) is used by a lot of fishermen. Several models do have the mod to make sure fishermen have a good selection,

Interesting how quickly our standards change. A couple of years ago none of the boats had it and it didn't seem to be a big problem to mount a depth finder anyway. Maybe in the next year or two they will modify the rest of the line. In any event, I suspect it was a matter of allocating resource priorities than oversight. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:04 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Resurrecting an older thread, as the issue still applies...

Any hope for adding Lowrance ready to Revo 11 in 2017? The Revo 13 has it. No room in the hull bottom?

While I love the Sport and Revo 13, the Revo 11 fit my needs more.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:32 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

New2Yak wrote:
Resurrecting an older thread, as the issue still applies...

Any hope for adding Lowrance ready to Revo 11 in 2017? The Revo 13 has it. No room in the hull bottom?

While I love the Sport and Revo 13, the Revo 11 fit my needs more.

Thanks

Agree, I am also surprised. Like you the Revo 11 is the perfect weight/size for my short distance fishing excursions. But, if by excluding the Lowrance ready mounts keeps the resale pricing lower, please continue.
I mount my ducer thru the rear scupper hole. That being a non TotalScan ducer. Of course this precludes me from using a Hobie scupper cart. But no problem, I usually man handle the kayak to launch. When needed use a C-Tug Sandtrax.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:02 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

None of my Hobie kayaks have been Lawrence ready, and I still managed to mount transducers to all of them, but it would be nice if my next one has it. I agree it is not a show stopper, but just kinda odd that the Revo 13 and 16 and Sport has the feature, but not the Revo 11. Been two years since original thread, and still no Lawrence, so I was just wondering if there is a technical reason why it can't be added.