Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:18 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a 2012 mirage drive and was wondering if I can buy the parts to upgrade to the new glide technology? If so can you provide a parts list, pricing, and availability? Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:27 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Why not sell your old one on Ebay or Craigs list as many others are doing and put the money toward a new Mirage drive GT? You would have to replace almost everything, just not worth the effort.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:48 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

SunnyBrew wrote:
I have a 2012 mirage drive and was wondering if I can buy the parts to upgrade to the new glide technology? If so can you provide a parts list, pricing, and availability? Thanks
I'm sure you'll be able to get an upgrade kit as soon as there are enough spare parts to send over to the parts dept. for packaging. When they do have them available you'll be able to see it in the online catalog. The kit will likely include drums, sprockets and idler pulley. Hopefully the price will be reasonable -- I'm planning to upgrade as well!. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:21 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I heard from my Dealer that the upgrade kit would be around $160, however they were not 100%

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:44 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

If you already have the ST fins then the price might be under $160 but with two fins at $70, a GT sprocket update kit at $85 and the drum at $40 it might be closer to $200, and this doesn't include the gray colored pedal adjustment assembly that may or may not be needed due to the change in the new drum. Time will tell about this availability.