Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:25 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I have experience with the Elite 3X, Mark 4 HDI and Elite 4 HDI fishfinders, but none with the other models on page 34 of the 3/2015 Hobie catalog. I have heard there are fit issues with the transducers in the hull cavity on the three more expensive models shown. Is that true? If you don't have a catalog in front of you, I am refering to the Elite 5 Chirp, Elite 7 Chirp and the HDS-7 Gen2.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:56 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

All of the Chirp models in the 2015 Hobie Parts and Accessories Catalog come with the 83/200 kHz transducer which fits in all the Lowrance Ready cavities. The Chirp models have the ability to use DSI in addition to Broadband signals while the HDS only comes with Broadband and the additional StructureScan transducer (does not fit the Lowrance ready cavity).

The transducer that does not fit the cavity is the 50/200+455/800 kHz transducer and the StructureScan.

Hobie Fishing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:01 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hobie Fishing wrote:
All of the Chirp models in the 2015 Hobie Parts and Accessories Catalog come with the 83/200 kHz transducer which fits in all the Lowrance Ready cavities. The Chirp models have the ability to use DSI in addition to Broadband signals while the HDS only comes with Broadband and the additional StructureScan transducer (does not fit the Lowrance ready cavity).

The transducer that does not fit the cavity is the 50/200+455/800 kHz transducer and the StructureScan.

Hobie Fishing

Your referring to 50/200 HDI transducer . The regular 50/200 fits just fine.....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:19 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I use the 50/200 454/800 HDI and it fits my 2015 outback..

I just could not attach it to the bracket but it was not needed as it fit PERFECTLY into the slot and even has room all around for water.. Just stick it in and screw in the plate back on and it's secure.