Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:40 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a 2016 Revo 16 on order that won't be delivered until sometime in March. As I live in Alaska, I ordered it sight unseen. That said, I don't know exactly what I'm getting because I can't find detailed photos of a 2016 boat on the web.

The best photos I have found so far are on Austin Canoe and Kayak's website. They have photos of Revo 16's that appear to be a 2014 and a 2015, but I don't know which is which. And I don't believe either of them is a 2016 because I have been looking at those photos since October.

Can someone who can speak with authority please set me straight on what will come on a 2016 Revo 16? The following are differences I have observed from one photo to the next, and these will impact how I rig the boat for fishing.
    Threaded inserts for amas?
    Dagger board slot?
    Port-side paddle stowage?
    Pulleys for rudder up/down lines mounted at foot rests, or just after of the front hatch?

Thanks very much to anyone that can help set me straight!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:52 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I've got a 2015 Revo16 & it's my understanding that there's little changed between 2015 & 2016.

Threaded inserts for amas are gone.
Daggerboard slot is still there.
Port side paddle stowage is gone.
Rudder pulleys are mounted at middle point of foot rests.

I just mounted some of Hobie's 21" H-Rails on my Revo16 & so far I'm liking them.

http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/index ... ic=70566.0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:14 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks for the reply, Salty. I'm starting to think that this bizarro Revo16 I keep seeing pictures of was the prototype, pre-release version from back when they changed the name and were planning to delete the dagger board slot.

Kind of a bummer for me. I was really hoping that my new boat would show up with the features in that photo. Port side paddle stowage would have really helped me out since I run my downrigger and chart plotter off the starboard side. Threaded inserts for amas would have given me something permanent to fasten a new downrigger mount to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:14 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Yeah I was a little bummed initially to see the loss of the 'molded in hull' port side paddle storage rests but the new seat is worth it.
I'm sure you can figure out a way to mount the paddle on the port side if you really want it there. I just started using the starboard side & got used to it. I thought it might get in the way while fishing but it hasn't been an issue.