Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:55 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I viewed Tom Kirkmans youtube videos on mounting trolling motor to the side or transom handle of his PA. There is no information on how he got the PVC tube onto the handle or the size of the PVC he used. I know there is a bolt on each side of the handle which I removed but so far I havent found the correct size of the "T" pvc to fit around the handle curve. There is also a rivet on each side where the H-bar is but dont know how to remove or replace if that is how he is doing it. It looks like he is using 2 T pieces of pvc with a smaller piece that attaches to the TM shaft. i cant tell if the 2 T pvc work independently of each other or are they connected somehow. I have been to Home Depot 2x todayand back to square 1. I need help!! Thnks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:45 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks Tom for your response. I took out one the allen bolt on one end of the handle as it goes into the kayak. There is also rivet where the handle ties into the h-bar at each end that secures the handle to the h-bar. That keeps me from sliding the fittings I got today directly onto the h-bar. Can you give me the specs on the fittings you used and how you put it all together. I would appreciate it. I was going to run the watersnake shaft thru the cassette but I like you setup better.