Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Worried about support:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:07 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Worried about support:

Hey guys I have a PA14 360 only had one problem with a handle and it was quickly taken care of I was going to add the Hobie Lynx to my fleet but lately on YouTube I am hearing complaint after complaint about support no longer helping not being able to get warranty. I have to admit I do not want to spend another $4000.00 on a kayak that is not going to get warrantied just saw there is a problem with the H-rail kit and they need a spacer but people are printing their own when that should be Hobie jumping to fix the issue. Anyway, I need to know from the people on here are you having problems getting a warranty and parts. I know I cannot find H-rail for the Lynx anywhere, is Hobie dying should I look for something else?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:25 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

We're considering getting a hobie kayak tandem but our local dealer reported that he's been having difficulties getting parts (and he's a dealer!).

Anyone else having difficulties?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:41 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I LOVE my Lynx, but I won't be buying any more Hobie kayaks in the future unless they get things together.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:34 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Aquiles wrote:
Worried about support:

Hey guys I have a PA14 360 only had one problem with a handle and it was quickly taken care of I was going to add the Hobie Lynx to my fleet but lately on YouTube I am hearing complaint after complaint about support no longer helping not being able to get warranty. I have to admit I do not want to spend another $4000.00 on a kayak that is not going to get warrantied just saw there is a problem with the H-rail kit and they need a spacer but people are printing their own when that should be Hobie jumping to fix the issue. Anyway, I need to know from the people on here are you having problems getting a warranty and parts. I know I cannot find H-rail for the Lynx anywhere, is Hobie dying should I look for something else?

They will deny or downplay the situation, but the several reports of lacking, unprofessional post-sale support point to something being really wrong with the company. Reports of trying to weld hulls, tying the warranty for the first users, fishing for excuses to deny warranty claims or using imaginary rules, not written on the kayak's user guides...

Brazilians are without any post-sale support too, in spite of Diana Ortega Caballero lying here saying they are being ''processed''. Some people are waiting for more than a year.

Just look for something else. You have options, here on Brazil, we are not this lucky.