Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:52 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

If the weather is good I plan on launching from the Stuart Causeway Bridge on the SE side under the bridge, this coming Wednesday between 8-9am. All are welcome to join me. There is free parking at this location, bathroom facitities and both a concrete boat ramp and a sand beach launching area.
http://www.floridapaddlingtrails.com/tr ... sp?map=678

Directions: take I-95 to the Stuart #101 Kanner Highway exit. Go north, then east onto Monterey Road. There are large signs saying "To Beaches". Take a right at East Ocean Blvd. Follow this 4 lane road East over 2 bridges, then turn right at the bottom of the second bridge and follow that down underneath the bridge to the water and trailer parking area.

I'm planning on sailing North on the Intercoastal under the the Jensen Beach Bridge up towards the secluded sand beaches just South of the Power Plant. By noon I hope to then turn around and have lunch at Conchey Joe's Restaurant. If folks wish to join up with us later in the day I will be monitoring my VHF radio on channel 72. This is also a good Weather Site to check before heading out:
http://www.windfinder.com/weatherforeca ... ing_center

Hope to see you there!
RSVP
Ezra Appel
C# 772-260-4638

2014 Tandem Island

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:18 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I am looking forward to joining you Wednesday morning. If the wind forecast holds true, we will be sailing a perfect beam reach, both ways. We should be able to cover a lot of territory.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:13 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

SunE,
I'm really bummed that I can't make it wednesday. This sounds like a great location. I should have my ducks in a row within the next week and a half or so and can start getting out more often. I'm looking forward to getting out with the south Florida sailors.