Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Tramp Bungie
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:01 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Harry Murphey wrote:
I made one mistake .... when I installed the tramp I trimmed the tail of the bungie too short ..... if I undo the tramp and try to re-install it w/ the same bungie I most likely do not have enough length to pull on when I get to the last several holes ..... leave some tail .... (Stephen will have some fun w/ this statement)

Discretion always being the better part of valor, I did my BEST to leave that one alone, but alas, my irreverent sense of humor has gotten the better of me, and I have to comment that in all things it is always better to get only a piece of the tail and leave a little for the next time. <Wicked Evil Grin>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:22 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Got the tramp installed last weekend thanks to all the expert advice from these posts. Thank you all very much.

I ended up installing the Hobie 18 tramp. I debated for a while if the Hobie tramp was worth the $ versus an aftermarket tramp. In the end, I decided to buy the Hobie product, and am now glad I did. I went with the vinyl version of the tramp, mainly because I sail in Northern MN and the water temps are an issue. Let me say that I am 100% happy with the tramp. Hobie makes a great product.

I also installed the bungie lacing kit. Thus far I am happy with the stretch and comfort when sailing.

Thank you again to all who responded.