Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:17 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I Recently purchased an old hobie cat 18' and the trapeze wires are dangling. Does anybody have any suggestions of how to secure them while not in use? My sailing experience is limited and I do not plan to use the trapeze wires while sailing, at least until I learn how to do so comfortly. Thanks.

-alex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:44 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Remove the trapeze wires from the mast until you want to use them; either capsize the boat, on dry land or shallow water, or lower the mast to reach the shackle on which the wires are secured.

If they are just dangling there unattached to the bungee cords which run under the rail to secure them, then another option is to re-attached them to the bungee cords and leave them. If the dogbone or J&H handles bother you then untie them and re-tie the line to the trap wire.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:18 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Alex,If your boat is missing the shockcord and hooks it is an easy fix.There is a length of cord that runs both fore and aft under the lip of the hull.At both sides of your anchor pins there is a hole that the shock cord comes through, the end should have a caribiner hook attatched.The other end of the cord is pulled tight enough to keep the cord under the lip of the hull and then knotted at the transom and forward of the front crossbar.Just clip your trap wires to the hooks and they are where they should be whether you use them or not.If I have people out on my boat for the first time they always want to hold onto the trap handle anyway.
shawn
82 H18 #8211
Div. 3