Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:46 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I will have a single line going aft from my soloright, what is best way to attach?
-Rivet an eye strap
-Tie to main sheet dead eye
-Tie to tramp lacing

I'll prob be using the soloright 10% of the time which steers me away from drilling and riviting an eye strap...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:02 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Here's a few pictures of my setup. The rear is bungied through the dead eye and then clipped to the rear tramp lacing. The forward end slips into a pocket I made from a lacrosse head mesh. My pole support line clips to loops I have permanently affixed to the four cross beam corners between the tramp and hulls (you can see one of the loops in photo #2)....

Rear (Note: My original plastic "dagger well insert" broke the first time I went to use it so I switched to the metal hinge you see):

Front:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:32 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks Brian, What type of plastic did you use for your dagger well insert? I bought a thin piece (.093 thick) of "virtually unbreakable" LEXAN at home depot for this...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:56 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I don't exactly know if mine was lexan or what. It was a clear sheet of plastic I purchased from HD several years ago as a band-aid after one of my car windows broke. Very stiff and seemingly strong, but it turns out it was too brittle for my pole (like an idiot I let go of the pole after I slipped the plastic/lexan insert into the dagger well and bang! it snapped - duh!). In any case, I like the hinge better as it is stronger and allows for more flexibility with the pole angle. I'm going to plastidip the hinge this spring to help reduce the possibility of scratching my boards. Here's a picture of the original setup that failed.....