Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:36 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

OK, I found a boat that I am probably going to look at and hopefully buy. I just want some opinions...

Any suggestions? What is a good price for a boat in this condition with these accessories?

I forgot to ask the year, but I know to avoid the 86 and 87's... due to weak hulls. Also not sure if the main is dacron or mylar.

Boat was purchased by the second owner at Midwest Sail in Ann Arbor. He said it has always been a fresh water boat.

Tramp is a bit dirty with a 1 1/2" slit... says it's been there since he got it. Each Hiking strap has one point pulled out.

Unsure of sail age, but in overall good condition. Jib has a small rip repaired with sail tape. Orange sails.

White hulls good, one fiberglass repair done. Very small amount of water after sailing. Ports replaced with non-rope versions. One hull has a hairline crack at the bottom of the rudder attachment point. No soft spots. Says there are half-dime sized pops.. not really sure what that means. Maybe just spall dings? Carpet installed for traping out.

Hulls and dagger boards show "normal" beach wear. A couple of chips in the daggers.

Rigging and sheets all new within the past 2 years.

Good blocks

Trailer in good shape, no spare, lights are good. EZ step mast.

Jib Snorkel needs to be replaced. Roller furler is good.

Two harnesses included. One is missing the plastic piece that keeps it hooked to the trap lines.

Righting Bag.

Mast Bob

Beach Wheels - older style. He claims they need a bit of air before each use. Just uses a hand pump.

Carbon fiber hot stick.

No wings unfortunatly.

Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

Campaign for Liberty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:37 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Sounds like a basic 18. If an SX maybe worth more. I bought an '82 magnum last year with trailer and catbox. Needed cleaning up and some new lines. Still had original gelcoat on keels. Paid $1000.00. I would think that '85 or older should be 2k or less. '85 to end of production can be at any price.