Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:56 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

My H18 trailer has rollers front and back. From what I have read this is a high risk of hull damage, especially on the front, though it has been on this trailer for years and is still fine.

For the winter I made some boards that fit between the rollers and hulls and put some 1/2" thick styrofoam pads on them. This was in case we actually got some snow here in Atlanta GA which we did not this year. These of course come off each time I put it in the water (I keep mine on the trailer with the mast up at a marina).

I am thinking of buying or building some hull cradles for the front. Murrays has these http://www.murrays.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MS&Product_Code=13-7030&Category_Code= which look nice but are still a little expensive. I am also concerned because they only fit 5' back from the bow and my trailer crossbar is just a few inches in front of the tramp crossbar. Does anyone know the distance from the bow to the crossbar as my boat is an hour drive away?

What else do people suggest? I have seen some homemade cradles on the forum but they do not seem as nice as this set. I also am contemplating bunk boards with a nice side board but am not sure of the best design.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:09 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I recently made a set of hull cradles and they're working really well. Here's a link to the thread where I posted some pictures.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=41616&start=0

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:27 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I Made mine out of pressure treated wood and made them long, about 20". Carpeted and they work great. They pop on and off in seconds. I sent you an email via gmail.

Good luck.