Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:29 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

jim-doty wrote:
ramstadt wrote:
Another question: what is a reliable but fast way to secure the mast to the trailer after I get it down? I strongly believe in developing systems to make these procedures go smoothly.

Like Tom, I also use a piece of rope to secure the mast to the support on the trailer. My latest trailer, I mounted an old cam cleat that I had lying around to the vertical section of the support. Now, after making a few wraps around the mast and cradle, I just run the line through the cam cleat and cinch it down tight. Easy peasey. Then I wrap the excess around the support, just incase.

Jim
I secure the mast to the rear crossbar using a foam pad and line. The pad protects the mast and crossbar. The line is about four feet long with a loop tied at on end. I thread the line through grommets in the tramp, then take the bitter end and pass it through the loop to create a 2:1 system to snug the mast down. The bitter end is then passed through another two grommets to come up to the traveler cam cleat. It is passed through and securely cleated in the traveler cam and tied off. Never had a problem with it.