Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:55 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Can anyone direct me to a good diagram and instructions for relacing and replacing a H18 Trampoline?

Thanks,
Scott & Dur

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:10 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

http://static.hobiecat.com/digital_assets/H18%26SX_Manual.pdf

Feed the tramp halves into the track in the front crossbar. Then feed the two tramp halves into the tracks on the sides of the hulls and make sure the fabric at the forward corners of the tramp between the crossbar and the front edge of the side tracks is in line with the side tracks. Otherwise you will end up with a wrinkle at the forward corners of the tramp.

I find it best to install and tension the aft lacings first. Then do the center lacing. Be careful not to pull too hard on any one grommet or you might rip it out. Generally it's best to moderately tension all the lacings first and then, if you want a really tight tramp, come back after it's fully laced and re-tension it.

sm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:49 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

i know i've got some pics here. but i bought some 1/4" round stainless steel rod. bent a small hook on the working end and about a 3 inch bend for a handle on the "me" end. with 3 different lengths i find it very easy to tension the tramp, working forward to back taking up slack without pulling on any given grommet on it own. a little mix of dish soap and water seems to gets the tramps to slide nice in the slots. the original Hobie tramps are about as "military" grade as it gets.
not meaning to be "evident" here.... make sure bolt ropes on tramps are clean as well as tracks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:32 am 
Site Rank - Captain

So we bought an after market tramp.... Half the price, but maybe twice the trouble. Trying to do this on a budget. It is what it is.

Anyway, we did buy the Hobie lace kit. I was surprised to see the lace was a long type of bungie (3 lines came in the kit). I thought it would be a pure rope/line of some kind. Even the videos I have watched on youtube look like a non-bungie line. Is this correct? Anything we will need to do different and or will the rigidity be less?

Scott & Dur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:55 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I would not use bungee. Just about any decent, low stretch 1/4" line will do. After you sail it once, you will probably want to re-tension it, but then it should be good after that.

sm