Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Calgary Hobie Fleet 446
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:55 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just noticed your post from 2007. I am looking for people in Alberta that have a Hobie. There once was a Hobie Fleet446 in Calgary and Fleet22 in Edmonton. Are you part of these fleets.

catman69 wrote:
Thanks guys,they seem a fair bit more here in canada for some reason,especially alberta,not as many here I suppose.There is a 2003 hobie 17 w/o trailer for $7000 in calgary but at a dealer so +6% sales tax and they want another 2400 for a trailer!I asked about a new one and the price is $10,696 (plus 6% plus $2400 for trailer) for a 16 and a 17se is $13,410,sport $14,472,fx one $16,950!Not sure how that would stack up in the U.S. but its a bit rich for me to start on,plus we can only sail until sept I would guess, due to the cold.I hope to get it for 3800 as he said in the add "or best offer".If a trailer is 2400$ I would be getting the boat for $1400.What do you still think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:00 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Yes...$4,500 is way too much for a twenty year old boat that you have to put new sails on. I know you want to sail, but have patience...it will come. Stay away from the 17; strictly a one person racing boat, even if you put a reacher on it. Go to the local Hobie CLUB and introduce yourself; sometimes they can help you find a boat. Check the local Hobie Division's website, they usually have a classified and you should be able to get a good boat with an old trailer for $3,000.

Wyatt