Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:29 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

HOW TIME FLIES - I've since sold these bought and sold another 8-10 boats (mainly to upgrade in steps and part out some to make a little money - threw it back into my two latest boats) now I have a 2000 18SX and a 2003 Tiger. Yeah - I'm hooked.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:32 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

That is awesome news, thanks for letting us know! We have a regatta over on lake St Clair this weekend, you should join us!

I am a newbie, on a 35 year old boat, and it will be my first race, ever.

Info is here, I hope to run into you on the lakes this year (not literally!)

http://cramsailing.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:32 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Thanks for the come back! I will be at some of the Cram regattas. Last year I did Higgens (COLD and super windy) but fun - and also did Muskegon last summer I think record cold then for the area too. dunno why I'm always at the cold ones.

I raced the first race with fleet 519 last tues and was COLD there too - so I skipped last nights race. (cold again). We'll surely link up - look for me for SURE in Muskegon - (you going?) that one is close to me and were I often sail. I may do higgens again because just the location and camping was so much fun last year.

I'd like to do a few other warm ones... but typically not into going alone = (

This weekend (St Clair) still sounds cold. I think my next outing will be Austin Lake in portage mi next tues for the Fleet 519 race night. Projected 72 degree's that day.
I hope more 16's race with Cram. It's really F18 stuff. I raced with 2 other 18 boats last year in Muskegon on my 18SX. A local friend was selling his Tiger and I couldn't pass it up - so I sold my 16 (83 with new sails and spin) so I just have the 18SX and Tiger now (well and a 17) but that's a sit on the shore boat.
look me up on Facebook Ron Kramer we also have a group called West Mich catamaran sailers where we talk - post pics, videos and plan fun sail events. I can hook you up. (where are you out of ?)

Bruce I think was the only 16 last year at Higgens and wow - he'll give the F18's a run for their money.

here's the write up - my boat is the ONE THATS TURTLED!

http://cramsailing.com/regattas/blog/51 ... ns-writeup

MUSKEGON pics ( shot by me) My crew throw his arm out of the socket first race, dropped him at emergency and Scott (first time racing too I think) joined me and left his 18 on shore.
We had about a 35 degree temp drop for the weekend race = (

http://cramsailing.com/regattas/blog/47-muskegon-2013

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:13 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Looks like fun!

We have a highschooler graduating this year, so I am not sure what my weekends are going to look like this summer, but I will get out where I can, when I can, for sure.

I am way over on the east side, and keep my boat on Harsens Island in Lake St Clair.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:06 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Upper Adjustments hold onto the cam better, keep the rudder put and lock down easier:

Lower adjustments adjust the rake of the rudders under the boat for lee helm or aft of the boat for weather helm, lets you fine tune the boats steering.

If you need the adjustable parts I have the entire assembly for sale here on this site.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51234

Memphis, TN fleet 134
Hobie 20! G-Cat5.0 and 2 Hobie 14's
Photobucket now wants $100 to post pics on forums......... pass.