Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:27 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Don't know if I can put this on here, if not I apologize, but I am parting out an older H16 beach cat. Lots of new parts, butt buckets, 2 SETS unused traps, etc. Will take apart and ship whatever you are looking for; corner castings, tubes, blades, boom.. beach owner needs their beach back! Email with a request. I'm in SE Michigan. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:19 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

hi I just bought my first hobie 16. I have two trap lines but no harness, also I need the (sorry) the stick that turns the rudders, and a new tramp. I'm really excited to get on the water

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:45 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi MMikeI have all the stuff you are looking for. The tramp I have has no hiking straps, it did at one time, but not since I've had it. I don't go out unless it's blowing 15kts plus and never missed them. I have 2 butt buckets, and the tiller is a Ronstan X-10, adjustable 4 to 8 feet, quite an upgrade from the stock aluminum. It needs to go, so make an offer you think is reasonable and I probably won't refuse it. I'll ship UPS grnd. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:43 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'll take all that stuff. I have no idea how much that costs. How's $50 for the 2 buckets and the tiller. If the tramp is in good shape, I'll think about it otherwise I was going to get the tramp from tampa for $199.
thanks much
mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:27 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I have a Tiller Extension (Fiberglass non telescoping), that I got with my new boat. It has never been used....

If you want it, name a fair price for it.

I will be up in Ventura for the Wine and Roses Regatta in August. If youw ant to bring your 16 and race, I have a couple extra harness's. One Butt Bucket, one full harness you can barrow.

Brent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:37 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Alright I tried to setup my h16 saturday morning, and i think I'm missing more stuff still. I don't have the blocks for the rear of the boom or the ones to tighten main sail. in the rear all I have is the travler and the eyelet in the middle with a cam cleat. I have been looking all over for pics of the tiller and how it attaches and the block set up.
I'm throughtly frusterated. and I'm wondering if it's going to be worth buying all this stuff.
please help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:46 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

of course it's worth it.. It's a Hobie Cat!

No fear dude, we all know what it's like fixing up a new boat, you will get through it.

Okay.. first, I would recomend downloading the Hobie 16 Assembly Manual also located in the support area. This should help you with most of everything.

The tiller extension should attach to the tiller cross bar, there should be a hole in the middle of this. On your tiller extension you should have a swivel nut with a bolt and a washer on it. This goes into the hole of the tiller cross bar, and tightened..

Depending on the year of the boat, you should have either 2 bales or 1 bale on the book where the mainsheet blocks attach. There are two blocks on the boom and 2 blocks that attach to the top of the travler... Kinda hard to explain.

Is your boat trailerable? If you can show up at the Hobie 16 Nationals on Sunday. I could take a look at your boat and tell you exactly what you need, Then alls you have to go if go down to Murrays durring the week, and get whatever else you need.

Brent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:36 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm going to be up in Ventura tomorrow setting up boats for the North Americans. Feel free to give me a call and I can swing by and help you out.

Matt G
Hobie 16 SN#????
Burbank CA
(818)468-7163

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:10 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

thank matt. i think i have some other problems as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:20 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

mmike wrote:
thank you matt. i think i have some other problems as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:05 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Mike you are getting some good advice! I'm sad I've got to get rid of my girl, but It's worth passing parts on so another hobie sailor can know the joy of bring back an old boat! I'm happy to help as well, all the blocks have been replaced, anything I can walk you through on, I've pretty well done it all too, and I've learned the inexpensive way too. I sent an email, call if you'd like, I'm happy to help.

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:10 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey mmike,
I've got a lot of people calling on parts, didn't know if you still wanted anything, let me know soon!

[email protected]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:32 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey Jeepster sorry about the delay.
Matt has been a huge help to me. He helped me setup my boat on saturday and got me started.
I think the only thing i need now is a tramp, but I think I want the straps that you hook your feet into. so I might be ok for now. thanks so much guys.
mike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:20 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Oh Darn!!!

I was up in Ventura this Sat as well. I was hanging out right near the regatta site, too bad they didn't race because of there not being any wind.

Hope to see you at the WINE and Roses Regatta...

Enjoy the Boat!