Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: busted Traveler
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:13 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

What's the easy way to replace the main traveler? We had a small problem last weekend and had to beat the thing back to the center so we could sort of sail. I think the bearings are just shot. I think I'll replace the whole thing, but not sure the easiest way.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:15 pm 
Authorized Hobie Dealer

Location: 315 N. Hwy 79 Panama City Beach, FL 32413 850-235-2281
You can order a complete traveler car assembly. Depending on what year H16 you have just call you favorite Hobie Cat Dealer and place an order. You might have to drill out some rivets on your traveler car track, If I remember correctly rivets come with the kit as well as instructions. If you only want to replace the bearing you can order just the lower section. There are some differences in the travelers so be sure to specify which one you have, the year of your boat will help as well. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Brad Stephens
Authorized Hobie/Vanguard Dealer
www.sunjammers.com
[email protected]
850-235-2281
Panama City Beach, FL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:44 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I have replaced several travelers and with every one I have done I just had to drill out the two rivets on the starboard side of the track and pull the old traveler out and then put the new one in, most of the time the hardest part is driving the new rivets inside the track, I usually have to put a few washers on top of the rivet because none of our rivet guns will fit inside. I do think I got the wrong traveler one time as i had to sand the plastic off of the bottom of th traveler to get it to fit in the track, but this is not a big deal either, just take your time and CLEAN YOUR TRACK before you rivet it back down, its much easier to do this as long as you have it pulled up.