It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Spinnaker Kit Issues
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:16 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

motivated wrote:
DavidBell47 wrote:
Flemse wrote:
We also change the standard rubberline/block that holds the spi halyard to the aft crossbar ,and put on a longer one that runs under the tramp -al the way to the dolphin striker.it gives the halyard line more room to play with.

This is my config as well, and it works great !!!

Picure please? I'm re-rigging everything this weekend, would be great to see the setup.

Thanks

Don't have any pics that diagram exactly what I'm talking about but if you'll notice in the pic bellow, there's a thin blue line running the full length of the tramp. I don't know where your the cleat for your spi halyard is located but mine is located on the starboard side of the front crossbar. This halyard runs through that cleat all the way aft to a micro-block mounted on the rear crossbar, then under the tramp forward to the halyard grommet at the end of spi shoot then connecting to the spi itself. I won't have a better pic than this til the next time I sail. Meanwhile, I'll see if I can find a diagram.

David

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:09 am 
Site Rank - Captain

If nothing else you can always use the spinnaker pole to mount a camera out front!

http://youtu.be/fQVrphQLwxw

Then laugh at yourself later... :lol:

http://feidler.blogspot.com/
Member of Surfside Sailing and Hobie Fleet 33
http://hobiefleet33.com

Last edited by splashTX on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:30 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Sorry for beeing so Lo-tech ... but how do you all upload photos?
it seems that i cannot just upload from my Mac.(and i dont have a homepage to put photos on)
Regards Flemse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:35 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Flemse wrote:
Sorry for beeing so Lo-tech ... but how do you all upload photos?
it seems that i cannot just upload from my Mac.(and i dont have a homepage to put photos on)
Regards Flemse

http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8574

If you don't have a photo hosting website, Google's Picasa web is free, as is Photobucket and about 20,000 other sites...

1990 Hobie 18SX #2077

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:20 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Not meaning to hijack (!), but has anyone given much thought to a hooter vice a spinnaker?

I'm approaching adding one or the other in a year or so and have leaned towards a hooter lately. It just seems like a much simpler configuration and operation with the roller furler set up on the hooter.

Does anyone know what the performance difference might be? Is a spinnaker that much better in raw speed gain?

Thanks for entertaining the question!

If it ain't a blowin', I ain't a goin'

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:09 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Getting T.O'ed at hobie. How come no photos are still in this thread? Ok removed from posters site, then why didn't hobie capture them to keep them on. Or why can't photos be posted to the forum.

Why with all the posts regarding the spin system on the 16 hasn't this been addressed and resolved. I have spent almost 48 hours of non stop searching and reading and still have unanswered questions. I read lots of talk above about the ratchet locks being twisted and not right... Well he are the support photos to show us what IS right? Doesn't anyone at Hobie own a camera? And I do 't care if the spin system is made in France. If you sell it in USA you should have decent English instructions.

The drawing that came with mine is a joke. I have no idea what the string lines are on the top of the mast in the drawing. There is no tang in the drawing. there surely is nothing showing how to orient the sheeting blocks.

Above I read... Update a block with bungee goes on the aft spreader and something about running up to the dolphin striker... So where is this new illustration, or photos? The more I read this forum, the more I'm starting to really hate Hobie. Seriously what kind of company are you running? I'm so damn frustrated after reading this thread!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:18 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

How to post photos? I read above... I don't think the site allows it, you have to upload ell where And link to them. This is a major problem for a support forum because then the images are deleted, the support thread is worthless.

I personally run a server with a photography training site. It's pay, but I would be willing to start a hobie cat area on it free and open to all here. You can easily upload photos from PC or Mac. They upload and stay on my server.
If there is interest I'll set it up.

Email if this would be helpful. [email protected]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:01 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Rojoyinc wrote:
Getting T.O'ed at hobie. How come no photos are still in this thread? Ok removed from posters site, then why didn't hobie capture them to keep them on. Or why can't photos be posted to the forum.

Photos have to be hosted on another server then linked. Post a pic of your spin system, and I'm sure that someone here will be able to help you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:43 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I know they're linked... But it obviously isn't working. So why doesn't hobie do something to solve that. Don't they understand that if the first person gets the problem solved.., and photos are posted. Then the next 100 people with the same issue would also have problem solved.... Without asking and reposting 100 more times.

Solutions, update or patch old forum software.
If no feature is available change to other forum software.
If that can't be done easily, offer a ftp site or server upload location owned by hobie where the photos can be first uploaded and retained safety for the life of the forum.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:07 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Rojoyinc wrote:

Solutions, update or patch old forum software.

No amount of upgrading forum softaware can change the fact that a photo's individual owner can remove or change the location of said pic, therefore disabling our ability to see its link here.

Anyway...What's the problem with your spin, we'll try and help? Post some pics.