Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:04 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAvIYKqRix0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]
Had my Go Pro on front of my Hobie and was shooting a picture every second. We had just left the beach and weren't trapped out or ready to go swimming.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:20 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I like at about the 40 second mark you obviously realize things are heading south.

thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:12 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Great to see that Team Tepe is still doing what they do best! (Having fun, I mean!) :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:05 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Wind was blowin pretty good and I had just promised my beautiful bride that I wouldn't get her wet! Lol Jerome, went down to Navarre to celebrate our 25th anniversary and I had to bring my boat! Hope you and Janie are doing well. Popped down to ft. Walton to watch the Hobie races, that was pretty cool, saw a lot of friends.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:53 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

cincy keoke wrote:
Wind was blowin pretty good and I had just promised my beautiful bride that I wouldn't get her wet! Lol Jerome, went down to Navarre to celebrate our 25th anniversary and I had to bring my boat! Hope you and Janie are doing well. Popped down to ft. Walton to watch the Hobie races, that was pretty cool, saw a lot of friends.

Excellent! Congrats, man!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:19 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Shot this with a Kodak Sport in 6-7 miles of wind. Cost $150 !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKSQC5HvH4I

I like the resolution of the GoPro better !!!

David

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:08 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v​=M4cJyYRgc9U&feature=share

I hope this works! I can work the camera okay, but my computer skills aren't very good.
This was taken with a GoPro camera a few months ago in Mission Bay - San Diego. I looks like DavidBell47 mounted his camera on the tramp or the bottom of his mast, and cincy keoke mounted his on the starboard bow. I mounted mine where the 10 hole stay adjuster (coming off the forestay) attaches to the thimbles of the two bridles. It's the right height and it captures everything on the tramp and when we're trapped out.
I was advised by others to be innovative and try different ways to mount it to your boat. That's one of the fun parts of using this camera.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:43 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Well, apparantly that didn't work. sorry!

On July 19, 2011 at 7:20 AM I posted a video of my wife trapped out using our GoPro camera and at 6:26 PM I described in detail how I mounted the camera to our H16. The topic was "Looking To Get A 16"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:32 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Is this your video?

http://youtu.be/M4cJyYRgc9U

Hot Flash #68984

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:55 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

dbevisjr- YES! That's the one.
Thanks!
Next time I'll wait until my son or daughter-in-law are around before trying to post a video on the Hobie forum.
Thanks, again.
Richard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:05 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

richandpat wrote:
dbevisjr- YES! That's the one.
Thanks!
Next time I'll wait until my son or daughter-in-law are around before trying to post a video on the Hobie forum.
Thanks, again.
Richard

I like the longer one better !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlsr3in8 ... re=related

David

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:26 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Thanks, David.
I also like the longer one better. More wind and my wife is sailing with me. It's also the first video I shot using my GoPro camera mounted on our H16. There's a lot of rattling noise in the background. I managed to eliminate most of that noise on the other video by padding the back of the camera case and using rubber bands and tape on the shackles.
I really like this Hobie Forum. We learn so much more about our boats and the accessories we add to help to make our sport safer, more enjoyable, and more exciting.
Richard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:48 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

richandpat wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v​=M4cJyYRgc9U&feature=share

I hope this works! I can work the camera okay, but my computer skills aren't very good.
This was taken with a GoPro camera a few months ago in Mission Bay - San Diego. I looks like DavidBell47 mounted his camera on the tramp or the bottom of his mast, and cincy keoke mounted his on the starboard bow. I mounted mine where the 10 hole stay adjuster (coming off the forestay) attaches to the thimbles of the two bridles. It's the right height and it captures everything on the tramp and when we're trapped out.
I was advised by others to be innovative and try different ways to mount it to your boat. That's one of the fun parts of using this camera.

Nice video, how did you mount camera? I used one of the mounts that came with camera. I'd like to mount it at the top of the mast, I think that would be a cool shot. I heard go pro is coming out with a key fob to be able to turn the camera on and off remotely, that would be a nice feature.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:52 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

cincy keoke -
Mounting the GoPro camera...It's difficult to explain since I don't know the names or part numbers of the Gopro attachments, so please try to visualize this:The top of the plastic case is attached to the 10 hole adjuster and the bottom is attached to the thimbles on both bridle wires. Now, the bottom must stick out further than the top because you want your camera to be mounted straight back [level] and not on an angle facing down at the water.
On the bottom of the waterproof case are two short straight GoPro
attachments, connected together and angled back. I attached a small shackle to the second straight connector and two small shackles to the one shackle. Those two shackles are then attached to the thimbles of both bridle wires. This supports most of the weight of the camera and case.
The top of the case has a black latch which helps to seal the case and make it waterproof. Only a VERY THIN WIRE can pass through that latch, so thread a thin wire through that latch and twist tie it to the 10 hole adjuster just below the jib or whatever is most convenient for you.
The second time I did this I padded the back of the case and used rubber bands and tape on the shackles in order to eliminate most of the rattling noise and make my connections more secure.
I also took some still photos at a rate of one every 60 seconds. They came out good also.
A remote for the GoPro camera would be great since access to a mounted camera on our boats is extremely difficult.
I think by being innovative you'll come up with something better. I hope you'll share with us.
Be safe and enjoy your boat.
Richard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:08 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Agreed. I just purchased the new GoPro2 and the camera is very cool. I shot some video this past week with the camera on my head (POV) and mounted on the end of the spinnaker pole. I'll post to YTube once I've had a chance to edit and set it to music.

Atlanta, GA