Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trap harness question
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:51 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I have the Hobie captains harness. After using it a few times I find it difficult to get hooked in because the hook on the spreader bar seems to turn into the body. The end of the hook actually touches the skin. I even had my wife try it on, different body size, shape, etc and same problem. Just wondering if their is a solution to this problem. I assume the rectangle eye piece on the top of the spreader bar is for the full harness. Am I doing something wrong? I tried an old harness on that came with the boat, with just one strap up the middle and a larger square metal area that the hook is attatched to, and the hook stays out away from the body as I would expect. I ordered the new harness hoping it would be the best, but Im starting to wonder if the older style is better.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:25 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Not familiar with the Captains harness but I recently put a new Hobie spreader bar on my old Gul harness with no problems. The hook is angled up from the bar. I don't see how it is at all possible for the bar to rotate forward enough for the hook to point into your body unless your hip straps are way too loose and the leg straps are way too tight. The eye piece on top is for the shoulder straps. Can you post a photo with it on?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:07 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I tried your suggestion and it helped while standing, but soon as I sit down it does the same thing. I have the hips as tight as I can and leg straps loose. Ive noticed maybe its caused more during sitting due to the location of the spreader bar being to low. I guess if I get on my knees to hook in it would work, but would like to do it while sitting.