Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:55 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

My Hobie is a 1985 in good condition. When I am sailing, I hear a creaking sound that seems to be coming from the left front tramp support. Not sure if it is just the connection from the tramp frame to the tramp support or if it is inside the hull. Also, when I drain the hulls, the left hull seems to drain more water than the right hull. After 2-3 hours sailing, the right hull has essentially no water in it when drained but the left hull has maybe half a cup - to a cup. Not sure if the water in the hull is related to the creaking sound. No visible cracks. Any insight into the creaking sound or the water would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:55 pm 
Authorized Hobie Dealer

Location: 315 N. Hwy 79 Panama City Beach, FL 32413 850-235-2281
Some boats just squeak, but a simple tightening of the tramp about do the trick. The side bars should bow in a bit when the tramp is tighten properly. if you need advice on how to tighten the tramp let us know. make sure the corner casting is not sliding up and down on the pylon, if it is we need to talk about shims. The tramp being tighter should do the trick.

The water in the hulls sounds normally, 1-2 cups is no big deal. welcome to the forum, great source of info from dealers, factory, as well as other sailors just like yourself!. where do you sail?

http://www.sunjammers.com
www.facebook.com/sunjammers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:01 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Creaking is normal. You can cut up some aluminum cans into strips and use them as shims between the corner casting and the pylon to stop it.