Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hobie 16 Records
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:48 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Does anyone know if there is a file (web accessible ?) of Hobie 16 records ? I'm particularly interested in fastest speed, highest winds sailed in, biggest waves surfed, distance (per day or extended voyage total), unusual locations etc. I'm also looking for info on Hobie cruising, as crazy as that sounds. Given the average easily attainble speed, and the way I've got mine rigged, I'm itchin' to try some serious voyages, camping on beaches along the way. It's easy to carryas much as you can haul in a kayak, but really cover way more distance (anywhere the winds are favorable...).

Post subject: Day trips!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

We used to do day trips on Lake Winnipeg and sail from one side to the other every year (22miles). I had never really thought of cruising, but now that you say it, it kind of sounds cool. With a couple of seal bags strapped to the tramp (or on top of the hulls) you could probably go a long way. I am sure that on Lake Ontario were, where I am now, you could string 7 or eight great long sails together. As long as weather permitted, you could probably cruise much further and easier on your hobie, than a kayak. giver hell, and let us know how it turns out!