Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:32 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello, please I need help changing the dolphin striker post. I had to change the mast step because the thread had been stripped but when doing so, I noticed that the thread of the dolphin striker post is not completely good, in addition, the dolphin striker post has a slight curvature which does not allow me to adjust it to the mast step. According to what I have been able to see, I can't find any other way to change the dolphin striker post other than disassembling the entire front bar of the trampoline frame. Can someone tell me how to do it? I don't want to do more work than necessary or take apart unnecessary parts as I run the risk of breaking them. Thank you very much in advance for your kind responses.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:23 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

http://static.hobiecat.com/2010_archive ... _02-05.pdf

on page 14

Cheers

Sheet In, Max Out

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:23 am 
Site Rank - Captain

If you've already replaced the mast step, I think the next steps would be to slide dolphin striker cross "rod" out (I assume by removing nut on one side at the corner casting and sliding out the other side until you've cleared the dolphin striker post, but there may be more than one way to do it). Once you've cleared the rod from the post, should be unthread post from casting and replace with new (careful threading into casting as easy to cross-thread).

let us know how it goes.

-D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:45 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Try loosening the bolts or screws holding it in place and see if you can wiggle it out without disassembling the whole front bar. If that doesn't work, you might have to bite the bullet and take apart the trampoline frame.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:29 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

As far as I know, the only way to remove the dolphin striker post from a H16 is by first removing thr striker rod. And the only way to remove the rod is by disassembling the crossbar (removing the corner castings). That means completely disassembling the boat - remove the tramp, remove the corner casting bolts from the pylons, then slide (or pound) the corner castings off the pylons. Then loosen the nuts on the ends of the striker rod, slide the corner casting off the crossbar, and pull the striker rod out of the striker post. It is a fairly involved project.

But if the main issue is damaged threads on the striker post, maybe you can just run a thread die down the striker post to clean up the threads and then reinstall the mast step onto the post.

sm