All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: hobie 16 vs Prindle 16
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:56 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Why did you go hobie?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:11 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

:lol:
just look at the goofy things on a Prindle, like the jib cars held onto the tramp by a piece of rope through a grommet. Whats up with that? The size of those hulls, the crossbars, the hardware, the rudder system. :roll:

And performance? True story from about 1976 (too much rum prevents accurate dates): About a dozen friends with H16's ran circles around Prindle 18's at Ocean City Maryland, or Fenwick Island, (rum again) where they were holding a big Prindle race- Nationals I think. P18's couldn't keep up with us. Mind you, you could never beat an H18 with an H16. We never saw the P16's except in the far off distance. I don't think it's because we were better sailors simce some of us were on Hobies for the first time in our lives. Hobie is just a better boat. 8) I'm old, I'm allowed to be opinionated :x :lol:

Have a Hobie day!! :)

Post subject: Hmmmmmm
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:20 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Well first of all it came first, and if its not broken dont fix it. Secondly there damn near indestructable, and nothing I've sailed yet is more fun for me personally. Third I just always wanted one, I used to watch the kids sail up and down the beach and I just had to have one of my own, I wouldn't trade mine for ANYTHING, period. You couldn't even buy mine for a million dollars I love it that much, it's like my best friend and it's never let me down once. I will sail it till it falls apart then I'll go to Cali and watch my new one be built, put the old one in the back yard and use it for parts.

Thank you Hobie Alter, you changed my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:52 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I have never liked the Prindle 16, and 18. The hulls look terrible!!

I have heard people claim in the newsgroups that the Prindle is faster then the Hobie, but I have Never seen this. I have allways been able to sail faster then them on mission bay. In a 1975 16, soooo.