Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:57 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi all,

I am new to the forum, but do need info and advise like all others.

When I came to install a new mast halyard cleat, I discovered the one that I was sold and sent (it takes a least a week to get things here by mail order from a retailer, if the parts are in stock) did not match the old one (Holt Allen HA181). I had ordered it under the 10730001 Hobie # as per my parts manual but got sent the 10730000 one (no markings).

I was told to plug the old holes and reposition this new cleat by making new holes.

I tend to keep things original as much as possible and I could not find any reference to changes in specifications to such items as cleats. Any comments? Should I go ahead and re-position? I did discover a business on the web selling the HA181 cleat (about 15% of the cost of the one I got)and I am wainting for feedback.

Also, I have in my old documentation specifications on rivets for the H14 but I am missing the H16 page. The page called H-14 RIVET GUIDE details Hobie's part numbers, quantities, as well as fastener specifications (size, form, etc.). I would like to get this missing information.

Example :
801-0121 6-10 Panhead Monel
801-0161 6-4 Flathead Countersunk Rivet

I would also like to ensure that the size specified (6-10) means 6/32" for rivet diameter and 10/32" for rivet length.

Here again, I was sent the wrong ones (end cap (gooseneck), front crossbar jib track) and wish to buy locally if I had the specifications for Hobie's part #s (missing that page, remember...).

Can anyone help me with this info?

JL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:31 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I know this doesn't *exactly* answer your question, but Murray's sells cleats for $8 including SS rivets that should match up with the holes on your mast. I just replaced my jib halyard cleat with one of those.

Good luck!

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:35 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Jim,

Thanks for the suggestions.

As I am in Canada and I would surely find many Murray business on the net, can you give me details on adress, telephone numbers, web site, etc.?

As I have yet to receive a reply from the web site I found yesterday, I will follow your suggestions.

JL

PS: I saw your forum responses yesterday and I thought you might respond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:35 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

www.murrays.com

More specifically,
http://www.murrays.com/archive/34.pdf

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:33 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

In case you can not find what you need ... I might have a used cleat from a '85 mast. Let me know...

Patrick