Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:39 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I replaced my front cross bar on my 17 Sport with a new one from hobie that has an integrated traveler track for the jib. I also have the new jib traveler car #25232211 & ...01 to set up the rigging, however there's nothing that I've found to show how to set up the lines for this new style jib system.

Are there any pictures of this new jib traveler rigging set up? Can someone please help :?:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:26 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I have not seen one so I'm not sure. But you might get some ideas from the downloadable Hobie catalog, see page 22

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:20 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

When my 2000 H17Sport flipped on the beach in a wind storm (bare wire), my mast snapped and the front crossbar was overstressed and cracked near each of the hulls (hurray for insurance). The new crossbar came with the integrated track so I bought the integrated track cars for the H16 (the one you have shown). I found that in order to be able to cleat while in the H17 track, I needed to add 15 degree wedges (made out of PVC flat stock and placed them between the car top and cleat bottom, held in place by the 2 bolts). I also changed the fixed horizontal angle to be more favorable for a soloer. To finish the project I fabricated adjustable inboard and outboard stops out of PVC flat stock. The inboard stops have a vertical hole drilled to attach the bungee for pulling the opposite sides car inboard and the outboard stop holds the outhaul pulley. Each of the 4 stops attaches to the integral track using 2 channel insert nuts (I originally used only one on the inboard stops, but the stops would slip over time). http://www.thebeachcats.com/pictures/?g ... ewsIndex=1
The system works great. If I was to do it again I would put the traveler cleats a little further back so the jib car could get by and I could make full use of the outter track. good luck