Please email me if you'd like to see the PHOTOS of this simple method to step your mast solo on a 14, 16, or even 18ft. So easy you will not risk having someone help ever again after you've practised a couple of times.
Don't know how to insert images here.
1. Get an extended 'Y' piece for the rear of your trailer, 8/9ft.
2. Pull the cat around so it's back to back with the trailer.
3. Position the mast and insert the pin. Upper section of mast resting in
(Be sure all wires are free and ready to raise and be sure your rollers
are DIRECTLY under the rear beam for balance when you step up
4. Attach a rope to the front stay, down thru a pully on the end of the
chainplate and back thru one of your cleats on the front beam.
5. Step up on the tramp and lift the mast from the rear (easy to do even
for a babe!). Set it in position (with a jerk) and you can hold it with one
hand while you bend down to cleat the rope with the other. Be sure it's
SECURE before jumping down to pin the chainplate. Do it with the wind
BEHIND you if it's blowing strong!
Do it all in REVERSE for lowering, cleating your rope TIGHT before releasing the bridle. Then just jump up and hold the mast with one hand, release the rope from the cleat with the other and ease the mast down (with both hands) onto the 'Y'.
Email for the pics: email@example.com